[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Wed Aug 29 11:40:59 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 12:23 +1200, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> For the 2010 bid, they provided a bunch of copy about Wellington and New
> Zealand, photos, desktop publishing etc and arranged site tours for when
> LA came for their site visit.  With our bid doc every morning we
> received an updated document and that night we'd send through updates to
> be made, and then the next morning we'd have a new document to review.
> That part was actually quite fun.

Oh, and the main reason we had a glossy bid was that we didn't have to
pay for it, or do the layout work.  ;) We did however want to make sure
that there was plenty of info about New Zealand to ensure that everyone
on the council was happy with NZ.

I personally think that a mostly text based bid should be fine.

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand