[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Tue Aug 28 16:10:20 EST 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, James Polley wrote:
> This task turns out to be trivially simple, because to date we have not received any bids. Several teams and individuals have
> expressed an interest, but the number of bids received is zero.

My 2 cents ( I was with one of the possible teams ).

I think the big factor why we didn't do a bid was the size of the
work requirement. Roughly speaking the minimum seems to be:

" Half a dozen people need to allocate all their spare time for 12-18
months plus 12+ hour days for 2 weeks of the actual conference "

which is a serious commitment. We didn't have enough people that seemed
keen to put that much in so our bid petered out.

Many of the other events are over 1-2 days for <200 people. I'll make a
guess and say they might be a 10th of the work to hold compared to LCA (
Others feel free to correct ).

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.