[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name? : suggestions

Don Knowles donakk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:19:51 EST 2012

Hi,

The debate continued in the LUG IRC meeting last night, and as usual
I had my best ideas 2 hours later ...

If it is going to happen, a couple of suggestions:

1. AUS-FOSS : Australian Association of Free & Open Source Societies
"Representing Free & Open Source Software / Hardware Development and
Promotional Organisations all over Australia"

2. ANZA-FOSS : Australian & New Zealand Association of Free & Open Source
Societies
"Representing Free & Open Source Software / Hardware Development and
Promotional Organisations in Oceania (or the Southern Pacific Region)"
                ----- "We have all your ANZAs" -----

These would probably work best as an umbrella association (esp. the latter)
and letterhead / website / communiques could then list all the groups in it.
I'll send a synopsis of the LUG meet later, after I've ploughed through the
log again ... :-)

Don Knowles, Rockhampton, Australia
a Founding Member of Central Queensland Linux User Group