[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Mark Walkom markwalkom at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:47:21 EST 2012

Over at SAGE-AU, we looked at a name change in late 09 but it never really
went anywhere, I think it's still on the books though.

Part of the reason was a declining membership, part was a changing
environment. As others have alluded too in relation to Linux-AU, the focus
of the sysadmin has changed over time, and with the growth of devops and
other related things it seems that a rename (and change of focus) would
benefit SAGE-AU on many levels.

I know that doesn't really help, but given the rapid changes in the area
that both SAGE-AU and Linux-AU are in, I think it's a good idea to keep up
with the times and ensure 'we' stay current. Be it with a name change or
even an updated focus and goals as David mentioned.