[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Mon Apr 23 15:17:59 EST 2012

On 23/04/12 1:50 PM, Chris Neugebauer wrote:

> The suggestion I'm putting forward is to make "Linux Australia" a
> smaller part of an organisation that oversees many Open Technology
> issues.  This would mean that "Linux Australia" were about Linux, and
> would run _alongside_ e.g. PyCon and Drupal Down Under, rather than
> _above_.

I think this is a MUCH better suggestion than a name change. As Russell
said SPI is a good model. How about Technology in the Public Interest?
Chuck a "South" on the end if you want to namespace it for the region.
Have one organisation to handle all the finances and paperwork and let
their associates get on with servicing their communities like nothing
had changed.

If something like that was being setup it would be good to consider if
there is a better way to support associated events and orgs across the
ditch.