[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:20:40 EST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 14:13, Charles Gregory <chuq at chuq.net> wrote:

> I'm definitely against a name change.  However the umbrella idea has merit.
> Why not keep LA as it is, as a subsidary of a larger alliance of
> organisations with shared goals?

Well, *currently* LA *is* that umbrella organisation that you suggest
has merit -- it's an organisation that covers a wide variety of Open
Technologies (see: http://linux.org.au/sub-committees ).

The suggestion I'm putting forward is to make "Linux Australia" a
smaller part of an organisation that oversees many Open Technology
issues.  This would mean that "Linux Australia" were about Linux, and
would run _alongside_ e.g. PyCon and Drupal Down Under, rather than
_above_.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer