[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Leon Brooks leon-la at cyberknights.com.au
Sun Apr 22 19:35:10 EST 2012

On 22/04/12 14:05, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
> My only concern is the closeness of the name to OSIA (Open Source
> Industry Australia), and this could be a potential source of confusion.
This is a genuine concern, & I seem to remember Jeremy Malcolm & crew
selecting that name specifically because it included a broader
definition of FOSS than a single operating system.

Possibly something along the lines of Australian Open Software And
Systems would fill the bill? A non-clumsy way to integrate the word
"Linux" into that has not yet presented itself.

Cheers; Leon