[Linux-aus] What happened at the SGM?

David Newall davidn at davidnewall.com
Wed Sep 7 19:53:41 EST 2011

On 07/09/11 17:54, James Turnbull wrote:
> David Newall wrote:
>> >
>> >  It's a shame we no longer desire life members; and I feel sympathy for
> Except that we've never had any life members and as long as I've been
> involved with LA never even heard anyone suggest life members.

Whatever brevity of association anyone might claim, the fact is that we
previously allowed them, and now we don't.  I repeat, it's a shame we no
longer desire them.

> Insurance offered to associate members isn't valid as the Council
> explained last year.

It might have been useful for you to say that during the discussion
leading up to this.  On the other hand -- and this was my point -- there
were other changes to status quo that hadn't been spelled out, like
removal of life members.

By the way, I was gratified -- and should have said so before now --
that the details which I had been requesting were eventually provided.
I'm still not sure why it needed a song and a dance from me to get it;
things could have been much more pleasant had council posted that
information up front, during the discussion period.  Frankly, I don't
care, either, because it's in the past.