[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Code of Conduct - revised draft

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Tue Nov 29 15:01:04 EST 2011

On 27/11/2011, at 7:48 PM, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> But will it do?

Hi Donna,

Firstly, a drafting issue. May I suggest that the Code may want to make its terms a minimum in order to allow events to have additional policies. That allows LA to sign contracts which require agreement to differing terms concerning behaviour (eg, terms in a contract with a university for use of their facilities).

Secondly, I'd think about more squarely addressing awareness and consent for notable people. Something like: no speaker or exhibitor shall attend the Linux Australia Event without explicit agreement to behave as required by this Code. That can be seen as placing an obligation on organisers to bring the Code to the attention of the people they invit, to collect records of their consent, and to uninvite those who cannot abide the conditions.

Thanks for writing this. It's a pretty thankless task.

Cheers, glen

--
 Glen Turner <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>