[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Code of Conduct

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Nov 28 21:26:51 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 19:01 +1000, Rob Thomas wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:46 PM, elliott-brennan
> <elliottbrennan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Consequently I'd argue that the term
> > sexual/sexually etc be retained as it is more
> > specific and more easily understood.
>
> Unfortunately, that is EXACTLY the problem. Marc's slides weren't
> sexual - but they were erotic. Which brought about this whole 'lets
> fix the CoC before next LCA' discussion.

Indeed, in fact the blip.tv adds on the right hand side were far more
erotic than what was contained in this presentation girl/girl action,
keenans crush and so on, is LA is so taken by these, why does linuxconf
host cpontent there with this material displayed.

I suggest rather than this lists membership all being 'wannabe internet
laywers` the executive actually consult a real lawyer, if you want to be
nit picky, the wording can make all the difference in the legal world,
one word can mean someone taking you to court
and winning for being kicked out, or not.

Lastly, seriously people, if people here found that presentation
offensive, they have been molly cobbled too long, and need to get out
more, there is far, FAR worse on nightly free-to-air TV. Why is it that
so, because it does not breach the guidelines set under the Broadcast
Services Act. This also goes for the language, same is on nightly TV.