[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Code of Conduct - revised draft

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:45:58 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 20:18, Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au> wrote:

> Discussion with Susanne Ruthven, Human Rights lawyer and conference
> director of LCA2010, suggested that less is more when it comes to these
> things.
>
> Broad brush strokes give the organisers more power to act in the grey
> areas necessary than explicit descriptions of what is and isn't
> acceptable would.
>
> At least, that is my understanding of the conversation I had with her,
> and her arguments against the code that was adopted for LCA 2011.

Not meaning to cast any doubt about Susanne's qualifications here, but
I'd very much like to see a summary of the advice and the criticism
against the LCA2011 CoC posted to the list and reviewed by someone
based in Australia with direct experience of dealing with these issues
in Australia (as I understand it, Susanne is NZ-Based).

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --