[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Code of Conduct - revised draft

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Nov 27 09:29:31 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-11-26 at 14:38 +1100, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> The Drupal community has a code of conduct http://drupal.org/dcoc
>
> Jacinta Richardson very kindly offered to help me get the DDU CoC
> done... but it's still currently in draft form.

Here's the Draft we've been working on...

Drupal Downunder aims to be a fun, welcoming and professional event for
the Drupal community to get together to learn from each other and be
inspired. The organisers are committed to the ideals expressed in the
Drupal code of conduct (http://drupal.org/dcoc), and ask all our
speakers, volunteers, attendees and guests to adopt these principles.

This is a diverse community. Sometimes this means we need to work harder
to ensure we're creating an environment of trust and respect where all
who come to participate feel comfortable and included.

We value your attendance and appreciate your help in realising this
goal.

Be respectful.
--------------
Respect yourself, and respect others. If someone indicates they don't
wish to be photographed, respect that wish. If someone indicates they
would like to be left alone, let them be. Our event venues may be shared
with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these
locations.

Be considerate.
---------------
Be considerate and tolerant of others. Help us by doing your best to
make this event as welcoming, friendly, fun and informative for others
as possible.

Be careful.
-----------
Please keep an eye out for dangerous activities or situations. Alert the
conference team if you become aware of any safety hazards.

Be aware.
---------
Unfortunately there have been unpleasant incidents (link to timeline) at
technical conferences in the past. Therefore we ask everyone to be aware
that we will not tolerate intimidation, harassment, or any abusive,
discriminatory or derogatory behaviour by anyone at the event.

Complaints can be made to the organisers by contacting the Registration
Desk. All complaints made to the DDU2012 organisers will remain
confidential and be taken seriously. An investigation will be
undertaken. Should DDU2012 organisers consider it appropriate, they may
take any or all of the following measures.

Alleged offenders may be:
 - told to apologise
 - told to stop or modify their behaviour appropriately
 - warned that enforcement action may be taken if the behaviour
continues
 - asked to immediately leave the venue and/or prohibited from
continuing to attend DDU2012 (without reimbursement)

In addition the incident may be reported to the Victorian Police.

Be understanding.
-----------------
For some excellent coverage to the standard questions a CoC like this
might raise please see the <a
href="http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_Code_of_Conduct#FAQ">
FAQ for the openSUSE Code of Conduct</a>.

The DDU2012 code of conduct is based on the Drupal Community Code of
Conduct, OSDC2010 Code of Conduct and the discrimination clause of the
LCA2010 terms and conditions. It builds on the foundations of the
anti-harassment policy found at geek-feminism. This document may be used
by others as a template or guideline under a Creative Commons Zero
license.

--
Donna Benjamin - Executive Director
Creative Contingencies - http://cc.com.au