[Linux-aus] Event overlaps - and what to do to avoid them in the future

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Sun Nov 13 22:21:41 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011, Russell Coker wrote:
> How would that help given that one of the conflicting events is the AdaCamp
> and one of the mini-confs is Haecksen?  Obviously you aren't going to schedule
> AdaCamp and Haecksen at the same time.

With two days of miniconfs it would obviously be possible, but I wasn't
narrowly trying to solve AdaCamp's scheduling problem as much as the general
issue of the satellite events (which will probably continue to grow in number)
continuing to find it almost impossible to avoid the temptation to all be on
the Saturday before LCA.

With regard to the specific issue of AdaCamp, we don't have firm plans about
whether or when to hold another AdaCamp in the region or at all (if nothing
else this is the first one, we don't yet know how it will go).  It's unlikely
to always be neighbouring LCA even if it does become a regular event, since
there are other conferences in the region also well attended by women in our
communities of interest. So the specific issue of needing to not schedule
Haecksen and AdaCamp against each other is not a big concern of mine.

-Mary