[Linux-aus] Event overlaps - and what to do to avoid them in the future

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Nov 13 21:11:32 EST 2011

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011, Mary Gardiner <mary at puzzling.org> wrote:
> Just to throw something at the wall and see if it sticks, this would
> probably be my preferred personal solution: split LCA registration. Here's
> what I think it would look like:

How would that help given that one of the conflicting events is the AdaCamp
and one of the mini-confs is Haecksen?  Obviously you aren't going to schedule
AdaCamp and Haecksen at the same time.

As for the exhaustion factor, it's probably safe to assume that there aren't
many people who take on multiple tasks which require active work during LCA.
So while some people wouldn't be able to handle 9 days of conference stuff
(weekends before and after) comments on this thread suggest that there are
plenty of delegates who could handle a lot more.

But of course if all the people who are willing to volunteer to run such
things can't do it then that is something that can't be worked around.