[Linux-aus] Results of poll about eliminating membership fees from the constitution

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Thu May 12 12:20:29 EST 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> Since having everyone express their opinion would be extremely noisy for the
> list, I'd appreciate that people with an opinion fill out
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFk4X1NHRkwzbWdPaDd5OER6VjhaX1E6MQ
> or, if that is for any reason impossible or undesirable for you, please email
> me off-list with your answers (such answers may be shared with Council).

I advertised the poll in the parent message and in #linux-aus and more than a
week has gone by.

16 people voted in total:

 - 6 supported leaving the option of a fee in the constitution
 - 7 supported removing the option of a fee from the constitution entirely
 - 2 were ambivalent
 - 1 didn't care

Obviously this was self-selected, so the "don't care" categories real size is
presumably actually enormous. Based on this indication I haven't been
personally convinced about doing the extra work of introducing a motion to
abolish, etc, I will raise it for discussion with Council.

-Mary