[Linux-aus] geek feminism - from the other side

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Mar 1 19:38:19 EST 2011

Mmm. I resent the claim that men (which I am one) are somehow inferior
to women in IT. So far the discussion was a bit more balanced,
suggesting that equal talent should provide equal opportunity. I prefer
to avoid a pissing contest.

Like you, I have next to no experience working with women peers, but
this leads me to *not* have a preference, due to lack of (personal)
evidence.

About the term geek-feminism: So far I find (from my personal
encounters) that the term geek, of the hardcore variety, does not
describe the same thing for men and women. Somehow, the two camps have
distinct character, and the two do not necessarily mix well.

cheers
	Eyal