[Linux-aus] BarCamp catering (was grant)

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Mon Jun 6 13:29:00 EST 2011

Thanks Stewart, Russell for your input.
Not doing catering was something we considered during event planning.
In Geelong, not all shops are open Saturdays, and it would mean a 10
minute walk into town, an hour or so for lunch, 10 minute walk back.
At a one day BarCamp this is a lot of time lost.

Also, by catering, people are altogether - it's less likely that cliques
and little groups form - and provides better opportunity for mingling
and networking.

I'd also be less likely to travel to a regional location like Geelong
(if I lived in Melbourne) if I wasn't getting food :-)

Regards,
Kathy