[Linux-aus] Proposed Linux Australia Constitution Changes

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Fri Jul 15 20:18:09 EST 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM, David Newall <david at davidnewall.com> wrote:
>> On 15/07/11 12:57, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you even read John's original email and the changes that were made?
>>
>> Well, yes, of course.  Funny sort of question to be asking.
>>
>>> Check out :
>>>
>>> https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution/commit/7707b086bf74f1960eab7aae07a43be6837d3ca0
>>> for the change that introduced the proxy votes into the re-based model
>>> rules.
>>
>> I think you completely misunderstood what I said.  The point I made is that
>> neither old nor new model constitutions completely meet our needs.  I gave
>> the example of proxies, which the new one doesn't allow
>
> You still haven't read it and you also haven't read my email or the
> link that I pointed to.
> All of these point out that we have proxies.

Apologies, I did misunderstand: you said *model* constitutions.

But as the commits show: the changes that we had in the old
constitution from the old model constitution were applied to the new
model constitution. So, we have proxies.

Regards,
Silvia.