[Linux-aus] Council Meeting 2011-02-17

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Fri Feb 18 09:11:22 EST 2011

Teleconf and IRC on February 17 2011 from 20:05 until 20:58.

Present: John Ferlito, Michael Carden, Mary Gardiner, Joshua Hesketh, Peter Lieverdink, Kelly Yeoh, Alice Boxhall

Agenda

Improvements to harassment policy
Do some work on it at face to face.

LCA team gifts
In progress.

Council face to face
March 19/20. All to sort travel and accommodation. See the expense policy for details. http://wiki.linux.org.au/Ctte/ExpensesPolicy

LCA bid process
We have an expression of interest.

Julien's network in a box & hardware refresh
John will contact Julien and ask for a detailed plan and budget.

Mary's LCA feedback proposal
In progress, and will be covered at ghosts.

Response to mailing list behaviour
Done.

Values statement (drafted, but unfinished?)
John will share Elspeths document with Kelly and Mary as well.

Diversity policy and harassment policy
Visit this at face to face and sort it once and for all.

Budget progress (follows on from the Ada Initiative discussion, but now broader)
Accountants are preparing the accounts for an audit. When done we can call an SGM and get it approved.

Donation to Ada Initiative: amount and timing
Michael proposes LA donate $5k to the Ada Initiative
Seconded by John
The motion was carried with one abstention.

HackerSpace Melbourne
HackerSpaces have decided to incorporate and will not become a subcommittee.
The council has agreed to hold a cash donation in escrow for HackerSpaces.

General discussion
We got a hardware refresh request from the mirror team.
Insurance is up for renewal in April.