[Linux-aus] Council Meeting Minutes - 2011-02-03

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 21:45:39 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 21:34, Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au> wrote:

> Can someone please explain the rationale behind this statement?

There's been a small amount of uproar wrt using blip that I've seen
elsewhere.  I personally use blip for hosting my own personal content
(bandwidth/storage are an issue for me), but can see two things that
are problematic for its use by LCA:

1) The mirror is outside Australia and slow -- downloading multiple
LCA videos has certainly been easier when videos were hosted by the LA
mirror (which is synchronised to the internode mirror by nightly rsync
-- this is unmetered for me.  I believe iinet has a similar mirror
available).
2) The default content is flash video, a format which is almost as bad
to our community as the Windows Media which caused so much uproar at
LCA2010.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer