[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Code of Conduct - revised draft

Alice Boxhall appletea at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:34:58 EST 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback so far; as I'm sure you all appreciate,
creating a code of conduct which addresses the needs of our diverse
community and events is no easy task, so we appreciate your help with
'debugging'. It is great to see such animated discussion on what we
think is a very important topic, and a fair bit of positive feedback
as well as constructive criticism.

We'll be putting together our response to the feedback so far as soon
as we get a chance, but please feel free to keep the discussion going
on the list if there is more to add.

Thanks,

Alice

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Alice Boxhall <appletea at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The council has received a lot of excellent feedback for the initial
> draft for a Code of Conduct to cover all Linux Australia events, sent
> to the linux-aus list on 13 September
> (http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/2011-September/019082.html).
> We have tried our best to incorporate these suggestions into our
> revised draft, included below.
>
> We hope to make this, or something very similar to it, our official
> Code of Conduct for Linux Australia events as soon as possible. Thus,
> we would like to ask the Linux Australia community once more for any
> comments or suggestions on this draft, prior to our posting a final
> version.
>
> Thanks,
> Alice

[CoC elided]