[Linux-aus] Notice of Linux Australia Special General Meeting to be held on 29/08/2011

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Fri Aug 5 07:39:44 EST 2011

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 05:35:31PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > 6. AGM Close
> >

> I do not know what are the rules for incorporated associations in
> the esatern states, but is seems a bit weird for a Special General
> Meeting (SGM) to be an AGM.

That's a typo on my part. Thanks for catching it. I've updated the
minutes.

> Items 2, 3, 4, and 6 above, to me, belong in an AGM, not in an SGM;
> the SGM should properly, from my understanding of incorporated
> associations in WA, and of General Meetings, include, of the above,
> only items 1, 5, and, instead of 6, "SGM close".
>
> The other matters shoul properly, only be included in an Oerdinary
> AGM, from my understanding.
>
> Amongst other things, it would make the SGM more efficient and
> expeditious.
>
> Perhaps, the appropriate person (President ?) could clarify this?

You are correct on point 2. It seems that you are supposed to confirm
the last AGM minutes at the next AGM as well as any intervening SGM
minutes. Serves me right for copy and pasting. I've updated the agenda
to remove that item.

The previous 3 and 4, that is Treasurers Report and Audit, would
normally be presented at our AGM. However we were not able to complete
these in time especially the audit, hence why they are being presented
to members at the SGM.

Cheers,
John

--