[Linux-aus] [Announce] Notice of Linux Australia Special General Meeting to be held on 29/08/2011

Anand Kumria akumria at acm.org
Thu Aug 4 00:04:15 EST 2011

Hi John,

On 3 August 2011 14:26, John Ferlito <johnf at inodes.org> wrote:

> Change the financial year to start on 1 October
>
> A diff can be found at
>
> https://github.com/linuxaustralia/constitution/commit/2748f80b89b4847ed79f9a52170d154ae6e7cc2d
>
> This changes the start of the financial year from the 1st January to the
> 1st October while still keeping it 12 months.

Oddly I believe when I was treasurer the financial year was the (default)
one for organisations.

i.e. 1 July - 30 June

I'm not sure when the financial year change too place previously but is
there any particular reason to not have the financial year follow the
default in Australia? Perhaps you could highlight that reason in the
constitutional amendment as well.

Regards,
Anand