[Linux-aus] Resignation from Council

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Wed Aug 3 16:41:10 EST 2011

Hi All,

I would also like to give my thanks to Mary for her time on the
council. She has done an outstanding job with regards to her work on
the constitution and getting the LA Newsletters out the door (I wish
she was still around to do the next one!).

Mary has been an invaluable member of the council and we will miss
her. I wish her all the best in her work with the Ada Initiative,
where I think that she will make an even greater contribution to the
wider Open Source community.

Cheers,
John
President, Linux Australia

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 08:39:01PM +1000, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On 8th July I told Linux Australia Council that I was resigning my position as
> ordinary member, effective 29th July.
>
> I'm sorry I'm not able to complete my term as an ordinary committee member. I
> nominated for LA Council believing, at the time, that it would be my single
> major contribution to the FLOSS community in 2011, and a nice way to ease back
> in contributing to the community after being pretty out of touch in 2010 after
> my son was born.
>
> Then the Ada Initiative happened. Whoops. I'm still working for the Ada
> Initiative as a volunteer around my other commitments and it combined with my
> study, work and family commitments leave me unable to make time for Linux
> Australia Council for the remainder of the year.
>
> Thanks to John, Alice, Pete, Josh, Mike and Kelly: you've been a pleasure to
> work with and good luck with the rest of the year. I'm glad I've been able to
> help out this year.
>
> And thanks Linux Australia, for choosing me to work as a Council member in
> 2011.

Cheers,
John

--