[Linux-aus] LCA 2013 - Formal bids request

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Sat Apr 30 14:33:31 EST 2011

On 29/04/2011 4:22 PM, Mike Carden wrote:
> Is anybody else thinking of bidding? North Queensland? South
> Australia? Western Australia? Northern Territory? Macquarie Island
> (plenty of penguins)?
I can tell you its a "No" for Western Australia (PLUG) for 2013 at this
stage. We are currently trying to lift interest (and LUG membership)
here, and are starting to get a core set of people involved in streaming
and/or recording our monthly presentations in preparation for a 2014 or
later LCA bid. PLUG has put down $1k of funds to the AV streaming thus
far in addition to the donations of equipment we have received. We've
only streamed one session so far (last month, so early days), won't be
streaming next month (venue restriction), but plan on doing so pretty
much every month from then (with Audience feedback via IRC at this
stage). Details will be in the PLUG calendar on www.plug.org.au (and on
the PLUG mailing list).

  James

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to