[Linux-aus] Council Meeting 2011-04-28

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Fri Apr 29 11:38:16 EST 2011

Clarification to one point:

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011, Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> Changes to membership: review linux-aus discussion to date
> Looking at either drop membership each year unless confirmed or keep unless member cancels.
> This will also require MemberDB changes or another way of managing memberships.
> Allow members to choose a membership model or just suggest one?
> When we've chosen a membership model, write up a consitutional amendment and post that to the list for comment.

Here the minutes refer to the proposal to expire membership (the recent thread
"Proposal: yearly reminder/expiration of free membership") So "membership
model" here means "model of expiring/not expiring memberships" and has nothing
to do with the "Proposal: *voluntary* paid membership" thread.

Where the minutes say "Allow members to choose a membership model or just
suggest one?" what we were discussing is whether to offer a couple of
alternative amendments about expiry at the SGM that will introduce these
constitutional changes, or simply to offer one proposed amendment.

-Mary