[Linux-aus] Linux Australia values statement

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Wed Apr 6 14:02:32 EST 2011

This is an great start, and I also +1 Ben's comments.

These values accurately represent the foundation values and raison
d'etre of Linux Australia. There is perhaps one gap that is not shown
here - aiming for excellence and continuous improvement - "excellence".
As an organisation that by its actions shows a dedication to increased
maturity over time - such as the recent work on financials - I believe
it's appropriate to have Excellence as a core value.

Recommend the following is committed to core :-)

Excellence

Linux Australia strives to deliver the best outcome, behave in the most
appropriate manner and continuously strive for excellence in all that it
does, within the constraints of available resources. Suggestions for
improvement will be regularly sought from the community, and regular
reviews of activities will be undertaken to increase the maturity of
future iterations. Openness and transparency in Council operations lead
to excellence through constructive feedback from the Linux Australia
community.

Regards,
K.