[Linux-aus] [OT] Tune-In To The World Amateur radio gets people talking

Dale quail.linux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 15:25:40 EST 2010

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 10:55:10 +1000
Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

> WTF has this got to do with linux-au
>
> this is UBE
>
> On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 22:39 +1030, Dale wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > The South Coast Amateur Radio Club (SCARC)[1] are having a National Field
> > Day[2] event details below.
> >
> > If you unable to make it to the event in person at least try 'QOS' to them on
> > there group callsign listed below. And you can also RSVP on their
> > Facebook page[3].
> >
> > Group name : South Coast Amateur Radio Club
> > Group callsign : VK5ARC
> > Operating category: Public station
> >
> > Event Site: Bunnings Hardware Store
> > Site Address : Beach Road, Noarlunga Centre, 5168 SA
> > Site Grid Square:
> >
> > Start Time: 10:00 UTC 23rd October
> > End Time: 18:00 UTC 23rd October
> >

> > Regards
> > Dale
> >

> > [1] http://www.scarc.org.au/
> > [2]
> > http://www.wia.org.au/newsevents/centenary/nfd/displayevent.php?id=52
> > [3] http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113811248679992

Hi Noel,

I think there was no need for you to react like you have. I did put
[OT] meaning it is off topic. Reason I have sent this info to the
mailing list is cause there is a few Linux users that are ham radio
operators, and there is a fair few ham radio operators that run/use
Linux.

Best Regards
Dale
--
"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans are
incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful