[Linux-aus] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/17

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Thu Feb 18 11:21:40 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:31:25 +1100, Joshua Hesketh <josh at nitrotech.org> wrote:
> Also wondering if zookeepr's hackfest should have some guild-lines. Is
> this typically sponsored by Linux Australia or LCA?

I'd caution against setting up multiple rules for multiple events

> Although probably a bit more of a topic for the LCA team, but perhaps
> basic guild-lines on attending the conference would be appropriate. For
> example, does the LA council get to go for free, LCA team, papers,
> ghosts, volunteers, zookeeprs, etc.

So... historically it has been that if LA council members were not
already going, LA would cover if requested. This has been on two
grounds: 1) having board members at a General Meeting of the
organisation is a good idea and 2) as the main event of the
organisation, it is good to have board members visible and approachable
by the membership.

In reality though, this has seldom been taken advantage of.

As for LCA team, papers, ghosts, volunteers, zk hackers: it's been
largely left up to each LCA team... with ghosts providing some history
and different views on the matter.

--
Stewart Smith