[Linux-aus] Notes for Council Meeting 2010/02/17

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Thu Feb 18 11:26:44 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:17:50 +1100, Steve Walsh <steve at nerdvana.org.au> wrote:
> Traditionally, the LA Council has had a policy of covering the basic
> costs of a committee member attending if they were otherwise not able
> to. I don't remember it happening in 2007, 2008 or 2009. There was
> discussion about some of the new 2010 council OCM's being covered to
> attend LCA2010 following the AGM, but I AFAIK that wasn't considered to
> have a good ROI (as some people are aware, flights a week out from the
> conf were topping $1500 return economy).

and also existing scheduling conflicts.

As I've highlighted previosuly, this is an issue with having elections
and LCA around the same time - Ideally people want to talk to the
incoming council as well, and if we don't know who that is up until very
close to the conference, it becomes harder and harder to have them there.

--
Stewart Smith