[Linux-aus] [OT] Vacancy: CDU Library Systems Support Officer (Digitisation & Repository)

Anthony Hornby anthony.w.hornby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:59:31 EST 2010

Hi Everyone,
We have a vacancy in our systems support team for a Library Systems
Support Officer.
This position will primarily be responsible for supporting our
digitisation & institutional repository efforts.

Job Vacancy Details & how to apply here:
http://tinyurl.com/ybp849f

Our institutional repository is Fez+Fedora based (open source) and
available here http://espace.cdu.edu.au.

An idea of the sorts of things we have been involved in is here:
http://technology.blog.library.cdu.edu.au/

This is an opportunity to work on interesting projects in a great
team, give back to the open source community and be part of the
world-wide movement to make research outputs more accessible. If you
think this sounds like you – get your application in !!

</snip>
Library and Information Access (LIA) provides quality information
services supporting the thriving Charles Darwin University (CDU)
community.

Library Technology Support Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: 210045

Continuing full-time appointment – Located in Darwin

Remuneration Package – HEW Level 6/7
Base salary of $57,519 - $68,401 per annum plus superannuation
employer contribution up to 17%
District Allowance may apply. Conditions include 6 weeks annual leave

A pro-active and customer-focused individual is required to fill the
role of Library Technology Support Officer. The role primarily will be
to ensure the provision of quality, effective and technology support
to internal and external stakeholders with a particular focus on
digitising print materials for use online and supporting and
developing the CDU research repository espace.cdu.edu.au. The ideal
candidate will be possess a relevant degree in Information Technology
or Librarianship and/or equivalent, demonstrated programming
experience in one or more languages such as PHP, Java and Perl with
experience in database administration and designing and using SQL
queries. Good understanding of XML, XSLT and metadata schemas is also
highly regarded. Commitment to providing best practice customer focus
and being a willing member of the team is essential.
Applications Close: 15 February 2010

</snip>

Regards Anthony

--
Mr Anthony Hornby
Associate Director, Library Resources and Technology