[Linux-aus] Do you have an LCA OLPC?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Tue Dec 21 13:35:13 EST 2010

On 18 December 2010 18:20, Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au> wrote:
> Howdy people,
>
> At LCA2008 in Melbourne, 100 XO laptops were given away to random
> attendees at the conference. We're wondering where they've got to, and
> what they've been up to.
>
> The Melbourne XO Sugar club has geared up again under the dedicated
> guidance of Tony Forster - and we'd like to invite folks with an XO to
> join us for regular testing on the 3rd Sat of the month in Docklands at
> the Hub. We've finished for 2010, and won't be running another one until
> February but the details are here:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/MelbourneXOClub

+1

Tony has done good work in the Sugar and OLPC communities, and has
been of great help in my work at OLPC Australia.

> There are 4000 XO machines 'out there' in remote Australian communities,
> and Telstra and the Commonwealth Bank have funded more - so we'd really
> like to hear from those of you with machines - and encourage you to
> upgrade to the latest Australian image of sugar - and join us in
> testing, bug reporting, and maybe even patching!

I'm told that the number of XOs in circulation in Australia is closer
to 5000 now.

Also, you can get involved (or just stay informed) in our development
through our mailing list and dev site:

  https://dev.laptop.org.au

Cheers,
Sridhar