[Linux-aus] Do you have an LCA OLPC?

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sat Dec 18 18:20:20 EST 2010

Howdy people,

At LCA2008 in Melbourne, 100 XO laptops were given away to random
attendees at the conference. We're wondering where they've got to, and
what they've been up to.

The Melbourne XO Sugar club has geared up again under the dedicated
guidance of Tony Forster - and we'd like to invite folks with an XO to
join us for regular testing on the 3rd Sat of the month in Docklands at
the Hub. We've finished for 2010, and won't be running another one until
February but the details are here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/MelbourneXOClub

If you can't make it to Melbourne - but can spare some time, please
consider engaging in regular test sessions, perhaps start a test club in
your area?  You don't even need an XO - the sugar environment can run
from a USB key, or as a vm - See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads

There are 4000 XO machines 'out there' in remote Australian communities,
and Telstra and the Commonwealth Bank have funded more - so we'd really
like to hear from those of you with machines - and encourage you to
upgrade to the latest Australian image of sugar - and join us in
testing, bug reporting, and maybe even patching!

Please contact Tony Forster <forster at ozonline.com.au> if you have an XO,
or had one, and know where it got to - we'd love to track down those
machines, and the people who have them, and invite you all to re-engage
with the project.

cheers
Donna
--