[Linux-aus] Public Liability Insurance for Lug's.

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Thu Aug 26 14:23:16 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 02:01 +1000, John Ferlito wrote:
> The short answer is that LA cannot provide PLI insurance to LUGs as it
> has done in the past. The long answer including our proposed solution
> is outlined below.

This is remarkably thorough answer.  Thanks.

> At least one LUG chomping at the bit and indicating that they are
> interested will definitely move this process along more quickly.

If this means the LUG continues to operate on pretty much whatever
arrangements it has in place now (eg - keep their current constitution)
and also become a sub-committee of LA, then you have two LUG's chomping
at the bit.

Humbug can probably sustain paying for its own PLI in the short term,
but I doubt that is sustainable in the long term.  If just adding man
power would help throw some jobs Brisbane's way.  I am sure we can find
people to help out.