[Linux-aus] Open Source DMS- folder structures

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Wed Aug 18 20:32:10 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 12:35 +1000, Anestis Kozakis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but I am looking
> for an Open Source Document Management System that does not use a
> fodler-based structure for the display of documents.

Just out of interest, what is the downside you see of using a folder
based structure?  Is that just a particular use case for you, or is
there some philosophical reason not to go that way?

I'm also looking at a DMS of sorts (fairly lightweight, informal & vague
requirements defined so far; that's a work in progress), and I'm about
to give Alfresco a trial; more so I can get to understand what DMS's
have to offer rather than a formal evaluation (after all, you can't
evaluate without knowing what you want ;).  I'm also interested in the
integration that's possible with Alfresco and Zimbra.

Does anyone have any strong views or experiences with those either in
combination or individually as a "ready to roll out solution" for small
business?

Regards,
Tim Bowden