[Linux-aus] Education Expo 2010 in Sydney

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Tue Apr 20 15:49:00 EST 2010

On 7 April 2010 01:39, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at dhanapalan.com> wrote:
> Hi Council,
>
> As discussed before, the Education Expo[0] hits Sydney on 26-27 June.
> The last stand we ran there[1] was very popular.
>
> I'd like to request that LA once again fund a stand there. Stand
> pricing[2] is as follows:
>
>  Mini (2x1m) = $1,400
>  Small (3x2m) = $2,800
>  Standard (3x3m) = $3,600
>
> We had a Small stand last time, which wasn't bad but a little crowded.
> A Standard size stand would be on-par with what we've we had at CeBIT
> (which we didn't attend in 2009).
>
> Regards,
> Sridhar
>

> [0] http://www.edexpo.info/
> [1] http://www.dhanapalan.com/blog/2008/06/29/education-expo-report/
> [2] http://www.edexpo.info/edexpo/floorplan-sydney.htm

Hi Council,

With my OLPC Australia hat firmly on, we are willing to fund the
additional $800 to secure a Standard (3x3m) stand.

The stand will be managed by Patrick Elliott-Brennan (CCed), whom some
may know as a member of the SLUG Committee. I am assisting and will be
there at the show.

I ran the stand the last time the show was on, and was a primary
helper (there for the whole expo) for the previous few years.

Please inform us of your decision ASAP, so that we may book the stand
(there aren't many 3x3m ones available) and plan for the expo.

Thank you,
Sridhar

--
Bring choice back to your computer.