[Linux-aus] linux ausralia podcast

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sat Sep 5 19:50:46 EST 2009

Speaking as an ordinary community member here - no LA headwear in sight.

2009/8/30 Daniel Sobey <dns_server at yahoo.com>:
> * I will need things like theme music and a logo for the podcast. I'm
> sure we have some artists here so I would be happy for any
> contributions. I probably want to licence it under the "Creative Commons
> Attribution 2.5 Australia License" unless anyone has any reason not to.
> I will need a website to host this, it could be a page on the Linux
> Australia website or something separate.

No Share-Alike clause? I don't want to start a war, but I'm a fan of copyleft.

> * I would like others to help out as much as possible. I want this to be
> as much of a representation of the linux community in Australia so it is
> best if it is not just me talking. I'd be happy to have a co host or
> someone to record every other week. if there is anyone who wants to edit
> the audio or do any of the other production stuff feel free to contact
> me.

As you mention, this would be most likely to succeed if it were a
community effort and not just the work and recordings of one person.
We've got the technology to scale out recording and editing, and it
doesn't cost six million dollars.

--
Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux