[Linux-aus] DrupalCon Asia-Pacific organizers invite you to participate

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Nov 15 10:58:16 EST 2009

Consider this a call to all Drupalers, Conference Junkies, and other
interested bystanders. ;)

If you're not already signed up to the Australia group on
http://groups.drupal.org/australia it's probably worth doing so.

Below is the official announcement of the formation of a group for
organising a DrupalCon in our region. Whooo Hooo!

[cross posted to lin-aus, osia and lca2010 chat]
We are excited to announce the DrupalCon Asia-Pacific Organisers group
[1].  DCAPO intends to lay foundations that will facilitate
international Drupal Conferences (DrupalCons) in the Asia-Pacific
region.

DCAPO welcomes and needs input and assistance from Drupal users and
communities throughout the Asia-Pacific region.  DrupalCons are a lot of
work, and are only possible through the community's effort.  Please join
the DCAPO group on http://groups.drupal.org/ to share your opinions and
experience, volunteer your time, or nominate yourself or others for
roles on the selection team.

DCAPO will later announce a call to the community to suggest and
research locations for the first Asia-Pacific DrupalCon.  Note that a
lot of work goes into researching locations.  The DCAPO selection team
will only be able to seriously consider locations with suitable venues,
dates and event management companies, financial estimates, potential
audience and motivated local teams.

But first, as much of the Asia-Pacific Drupal community as possible
needs to get involved.  You can help by translating and reposting this
announcement on other websites where Asia-Pacific Drupal users and
communities are likely to find it.  Please note any translations or
reposts in the DCAPO group [2] so we can track progress and share
translations with each other.

DCAPO is a result of the Drupal Association's new Events Plan [3] to
have an Asia-Pacific DrupalCon every two years.

Thank you!
>From the DrupalCon Asia-Pacific Organisers group

[1]
http://groups.drupal.org/drupalcon-asiapacific-regional-organising-group

[2] http://groups.drupal.org/node/34658

[3] http://association.drupal.org/node/342

--
Donna Benjamin          Libre Graphics Day miniconf LCA2010
Co-organiser      Wellington Convention Centre, New Zealand