[Linux-aus] Things not to post to planet linux australia

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Thu Mar 26 10:43:28 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 19:45 +1030, Glen Turner wrote:
> The publication of that legal advice would be useful as it is
> counter to the common understanding of the Broadcasting Services
> Act.

Seconded.

As far as I am aware publishing a link on the blacklist is not illegal
for precisely the reasons Glen gave.  Yesterday I heard a Professor of
Law say publishing the blacklist itself was probably not illegal either
- or at least he was not aware of a law you could be prosecuted under.

Given that is the case, and given the topic is likely to be very
important to many LA members, I don't think the ban is appropriate.