[Linux-aus] Things not to post to planet linux australia

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Wed Mar 25 20:15:21 EST 2009

Stewart Smith wrote:
> Publication of the ACMA blacklist could possibly be a crime.
>
> We encourage our members to speak up and have the debate on censorship.
> We believe the governments policy to break the internet is broken.
>
> We have to act responsibly however, and based on our legal advice we
> cannot syndicate the feeds of people engaged in such activies.

Stewart,

The publication of that legal advice would be useful as it is
counter to the common understanding of the Broadcasting Services
Act.

In particular, the common understanding is that you are required
to delete a link to Prohibited Content if, and only if, you receive
a Link Deletion Notice.  You then have until 6pm the next working
day to comply with the notice.

<http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/bsa1992214/sch7.html>

Regards, Glen

--