[Linux-aus] Support for OpenMediaNow

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Tue Mar 10 11:53:55 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 11:37:22AM +1100, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> At the recent LCA, Rob Savoye from OpenMediaNow gave a talk about how
> patents around media codecs need a thorough analysis to clear free and
> open source codecs from the threat of submarine patents and in order
> for FOSS projects to work legally with proprietary codecs.

I've mentioned this privately before, but now on list (also for
discussion). This is something that I'd like to see LA be able to
support financially.

What I believe it'll come down to is the budgeting session at the
upcoming LA council f2f. We have to make sure we have the room in the
budget before we go spending it :)
--
Stewart Smith