[Linux-aus] Google Linux OS coming..

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Jul 15 13:49:53 EST 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Bret Busby wrote:

> Myself, I think that people should have the freedom to choose what they put
> on their computers, and, the freedom to choose who they sign up with on the
> Internet, and the freedom to choose with whom they have accounts on the
> Internet, and, that they should be free from Denial Of Service Attacks and
> cyber-bullying. You obviously think differently, and believe that people
> should not have freedom, with their computer usage, and, especially, that
> people should not have the freedom to choose what they put on their
> computers.

And that is the fundamental difference between you and me.

As the thread started, about the google operating system, I am not
forcing anyone to put it on their system, or not put it on their system.

I believe that each person has the freedom to decide whether to put it
on their system.

I have simply said that I would not willingly put it on any system for
which I am responsible, and, why, and that if any person then puts it on
their system, then they must accept the consequences.

It should be each person's choice, as to what they put on their system,
and, what they run on their system, and, with whom they sign up, for
Internet services, as long as none of these, harm other people.

That is my whole point.

You obviously think that people should not have these freedoms, and that
they should be coerced into putting stuff that they don't want, on their
computers, and, signing up with oreganisations with which they do not
want to join.

And, that they should suffer harm, until they submit.

That is the difference between you and me.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."