[Linux-aus] Google Linux OS coming..

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Tue Jul 14 20:01:15 EST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 07:14:01PM +1000, James Purser wrote:
> Which can be found here:
> http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/08/malware-reviews-via-webmaster-tools.html
>
> Funnily enough, no where in there is a demand that code, malicious or
> otherwise be added to anyones site. Or are you referring to the google
> analytics javascript code? Which isn't actually a requirement of Google
> Webmaster Tools.

When you sign up to webmaster tools you have to prove you have control
of the website. To do this you are asked to create a URL something
like http://inodes.org/12akgj9r209slks.html

ie a URL with a token. Basically a fairly similar process to the
confirmation email most websites or mailing lists use to prove you own
an email address.

Of course it's totally benign and you can remove it once you have gone
through the verification process.

But really I don't know why I'm even replying to this crazy thread.

Cheers,
John

--
John