[Linux-aus] Current nominations for LA election

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Jan 8 20:57:12 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 09:34 +1100, Pia Waugh wrote:
> Vice President
> --------------
>
>     * Donna Benjamin (donna at mel8ourne.org) was nominated by:
>           o Michael Davies (michael at msdavies.net)
>             Donna is great value - she's personable, she's knows her
> stuff, and knows what an LCA is all about. Harnessing Donna for LA
> would be wonderful thing - and she knows how to handle both ducks and
> lasers.
>           o Stephen Walsh (steve at nerdvana.org.au)
>             Donna's work as the Conference Director of Linux.conf.au
> in 2008, her ongoing work with LCA 2009 and LCA2010, as well as the
> effort she has put into the Council of LUG's shows Donna's commitment
> to making Linux Australia succeed.
>             Donna would be a perfect choice for the role of Vice
> President.

I actually feel pretty humbled by this.
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.

I won't be accepting the nomination.

As I'm currently president of Linux users of Victoria, that's where my
'org' efforts are going this year.  But of course I'll continue to
participate in LA with the Lugcomms initiative, and the education sub
ctte. But while I'm here...

I really encourage all of you - the members of Linux Australia - to
participate in the election.

Make nominations, think about what LA is, and what it could be...
Feel free to nominate yourselves - you just need someone to second your
nomination, then you can accept it and post a position statement.

At the very very least, make sure you VOTE.
https://www.linux.org.au/membership/

This is a unique organisation, and one I've come to know well in the
course of running LCA08 over the past couple of years.  I am committed
to working with the new council to continue to build a strong community
organisation that supports a truly amazing conference.

See you at linux.conf.au 2009!
[... only 11 more sleeps... wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!]

cheers
Donna

--
B) Don't give up your biological right to think.
   kattekrab.net