[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] Vic bushfire relief - interest for offers of IT assistance?

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Thu Feb 19 11:41:28 EST 2009

Hamish Taylor wrote:

> I am not certain if they can or will take advantage of our expertise
> and willingness to help, but I am trying to be proactive in getting a
> list of people, services and gear which may be able to assist. Thanks
> for your consideration.

Hamish

I have made an offer on behalf of the ACS PC Recycling Group to provide
computers to victims of the bushfire free of charge.  If the salvos want
some machines to use for admin right now which will be made available to
the victims later, happy to provide some for this purpose.  We are in
south australia but I'm sure we can find a transport company who will
get them there for at no cost.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP, HLM, ACCE Associate
Director Community Affairs Board, Australian Computer Society