[Linux-aus] penguin shirts

Michael Chesterton chesty at chesterton.id.au
Wed Feb 18 12:17:35 EST 2009

On 18/02/2009, at 11:53 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

> The limiting factor, IIRC, is that Aboriginal-style dot paintings are
> as seen to be the reserve of native Aboriginal artists. I think this
> is just a social matter of courtesy rather than the result of any
> legislation. Nevertheless, non-Aboriginal use of such a style is often
> frowned upon.

I frown upon it.

> If anyone else has more information on this, I'd be glad to know.

Is it just the person who does the design, or the subject that matters?
Non aboriginal people doing the dot style just seem to be cashing
in to me.

We could ask an aboriginal artist to do a design for us, signed, and
put an artist profile on the web site and on a flyer shipped with the
shirt.

--

http://chesterton.id.au/blog/
http://barrang.com.au/