[Linux-aus] OpenDiscs, and Voting/Membership

Don Knowles donakk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 01:25:56 EST 2009

Hi,
My two cents worth, in response to Russell:
>>> Quote 1 <<<
So now we are scratching around for additional copies of the
OpenDisc (or similar).  Has anybody got some sitting in a dusty corner
they can give us?  We need them by Friday the 20th Feb.
-----
I could send you about 200 ... but to what address?

>>> Quote 2 <<<
As for "only 66 voted", it is worth noting LA doesn't actually have a
clue as to how many active members it has.  Right now, if you become a
member of LA, you are a member for life - you email address is never
purged from the membership rolls.  If you forget you are a member and
enrol with a different email address, you become a member twice.  If you
want to vote early and vote often, just join LA many times with unique
email addresses.
-----
Issue membership numbers? (I bag number 1!)
Or
Have a "email in" once a year ... all active members please send a blank
email to
"active_members at linux.org.au" in the month of January or February or ...
First year they don't respond, tag the membership record as "inactive"
Third year they don't respond, purge.

--
Don Knowles
Rockhampton, AUSTRALIA