[Linux-aus] Young Aussies say pirated software is OK

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Sun Feb 8 22:20:27 EST 2009

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009, Karl Goetz wrote:
> If your a public place such as TAFE (I think of TAFE as public ... am I
> correct on that?) then the course should cover concepts, and not a
> specific program or suite.

This is completely wrong. The TAFE's are there to provide training that
the students want and the students want training that will get them a
job[1] .

If the Australian IT industry [2] feels that TAFE courses are not relevant
to what the industry wants then they should work with the TAFE people to
change the courses.

Here are some links for NSW, I'm sure other states will have similar.

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/about/course_dev.htm
https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/industryprograms/directorate.htm

[1] - At least in IT's cases we are talking about here. There are various
       other courses for hobbies, general interest and the like.

[2] - Especially the ones reading this list.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.