[Linux-aus] [Osia-discuss] Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:01:08 EST 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 4:43 PM, James Turnbull <james at lovedthanlost.net> wrote:

> Petr Baum wrote:

>>> As luck would have it I've just sent off some letters!
>>> http://kattekrab.livejournal.com/50007.html
>>
>> I sent a (personalised) email on Wed..
>
> Don't bother with email - politicians (excluding a few savvy characters)
> ignore it.  Letters, on actual paper, are the only thing politicians
> bother to base responses on.  Then they know you are an actual voter who
> might actually NOT vote for them in future.
>
> I recommend sending snail mail.

I did send an email to the Minister's office (minister at dbcde dot
gov dot au) several months ago, and I did receive a reply in the post
from the Department. Whilst real mail is still the safe option,
Conroy's office does at least handle email. If you do choose to email
anything to a Minister or MP, they really prefer it if you put your
postal address in the initial email though - if you don't, it can be a
fair while before someone replies asking you for it anyway.

Andrew

--
Andrew Donnellan <><                   ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom
http://linux.org.au            http://ajdlinux.wordpress.com