[Linux-aus] CD pressing/printing

Kim Hawtin kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 03:09:55 UTC 2008

Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> (resurrecting an old thread)
>
> I'd be interested in forging a proper business relationship between LA and a
> particular CD replication vendor. This would provide us with the following
> benefits in the longer term:
>
> * no need to go shopping each time we need to get discs
> * we know the vendor is good as we've used them before
> * both LA and the vendor will save time as we know each other
> * we can negotiate better pricing, perhaps with a little cross-promotion
> * business synergies leveraging economies of scale to achieve lower TCO... :p
>
> So my questions are as follows:
>
> * what do people (and especially the Council) think of this?
> * can anybody suggest disc replication companies to approach?
>
> I don't mind doing some work on this, especially as I have to get discs
> printed for the Education Expo in June anyway.

I have used ATD in Adelaide many times. Large runs for my previous employer.
More recently doing short runs for FOSS stuff, usually runs of 500 or 1000 disks.

I have been very happy with them as they do short turn around, if you have
your scat mustered ;)

 http://www.atd.com.au/old_opening.htm

regards,

Kim